14 December 2004

Yes, I Know There Hasn't Been Anything About Gaming Recently

Several reasons for it, which I will summarise here.

Firstly, I got an awesome new pimped out PC for gaming, so I've been spending a fair bit of time playing Rome: Total War, Evil Genius, Doom 3, Call of Duty: United Offensive, the new Pirates! and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. And some others too, but those are the ones worth mentioning.

Also, I'm organising the live game for my local gaming convention, Kapcon. If you are in Wellington, New Zealand towards the end of next month, you should come along. There's always a lot of good roleplaying there, usually a lot of homebrew systems and unusual games and the players and GMs are all good. And we should have a lot of fun in the live game.

In other news, I'll be doing a quick review of the free on the internet version of The Shadow of Yesterday as soon as I've finished reading it. So far it looks good, a pulpy style fantasy RPG which is heavily influenced by a lot of games I like.

No comments: