25 March 2005

More on Battlestar Galactica

I just re-watched the 2003 miniseries, on DVD this time. I liked it more second time around, although I don't think it's quite as good as the series itself. The setup in the first part has some clumsy bits - particularly with regard to Number Six.

On the other hand, I was quite surprised by how much they foreshadowed stuff that is brought out in the series. Even the way the different cylon models acted seems to match the different aspects of humanity that each seems to embody. Also, knowing that one guy is a cylon from the beginning, you can see a lot of little comments he makes in a much more sinister light.

The other thing was that the space battles looked a hell of a lot better on DVD. The special effects crew on this are just awesome. I really like the overall feel and also that they seem to have covered every little detail.

Now to watch series one through again...

No comments: